Open a bucket of fun for your baby with the Baby’s First Blocks set from Fisher-Price. These chunky, colourful blocks help introduce colours and shapes as babies sort, stack and drop the blocks through the slots in the bucket lid. Empty the bucket to start the fun over again and again! And with an easy-carry handle, you can take Baby’s First Blocks wherever you and your tiny tot go! All that block-grasping and shape-sorting play helps strengthen your baby’s hand-eye coordination and dexterity while enhancing their problem-solving skills.
EYLF Learning Outcomes:
- Outcome 4 Use representation to communicate mathematical ideas
- Outcome 4 Persevere and experience the satisfaction of achievement
- 1 to 2 years Will search for hidden toys
- 1 to 2 years Selects games and puts them away
- 2 to 3 years Gets dressed with help
- 2 to 3 years Recognises similarities and differences
Links to Theorists:
- Theorist Link: This learning experience can be linked to Piaget’s theories. He believes the child is an active learner and that the child must be given opportunities to explore, discover and experiment. These principals underpin all cognitive development.
Learning Through Play
- Children are able to learn early numeracy skills such as size, shape, matching, colours, sorting and recognizing similarities and differences.
- Children feel a sense of pride and accomplishment once the puzzle has been completed.