This box set contains eight wooden 3 piece puzzles specially designed for very young children and those with special educational needs. The extra thick and large pictures are silkscreen printed directly on the wood.The set contains 24 pieces into 8 sets of 3 categories. Fun pictures from different categories – animals, transport, fruit, vegetables, sea creatures, insects, sweets, sport. Each puzzle measures 14.5cm (L) x 4.5cm (H). Suitable for children from the age of 18 months.
Puzzles are a great activity for young children to develop fine motor skills, visual and memory skills, categorising and sorting skills, whilst playing and having fun. Children can progress from these basic puzzles on to higher levelled, larger puzzles that require them to develop more advanced strategies, critical thinking techniques, and problem solving skills.
Puzzles have so many developmental benefits including physical motor skills, patience and perseverance, critical thinking and problem solving as well as language prompts.
EYLF Learning Outcomes:
- Outcome 5 Symbols and patterns in the environment
- Outcome 5 Rhyme letters and sound when sharing texts
- Outcome 5 Children contribute their ideas and experiences
- 1 to 2 years Points to objects when named
- 1 to 2 years Says many words (mostly naming words)
- 1 to 2 years Spends time exploring objects, putting in mouth, banging etc
- 2 to 3 years Recognises/ identifies common objects, pictures by pointing