This multifunctional wall toy now comes as a cute caterpillar. This game includes wire beads, rolling disc with sound and nice patterns, lock toy and turning gears. The body is divided into 5 parts which are easy to disassemble, install, and transport. There are different kinds of toy functions on each wooden board. We know accidents happen, especially in group settings so what’s great is if damaged, that individual part can be removed or changed. This caterpillar features so many different things to explore. The learning opportunities are endless. The eyes of the caterpillar can be flapped, so different expressions will be shown, cultivating children’s emotional cognitive skills. Turn the discs on the second board to get amazing visual effects, different patterns will be seen under different rotation speeds. On the third board, kids can learn about changing colours with different combinations of the three primary colours (red, yellow and blue). Open the lock, different colours correspond to different materials (EVA, velcro, mirror, felt cloth, corrugated card). The last board is not an ordinary easy gear. Kids can combine different gear structures by themselves through the track, and make the gears link together. Several children can play with the caterpillar next to each other or together. This game encourages learning concepts like colours, while developing hand-eye coordination, social, and tactile / fine motor skills.
- Board 1: The eyes of the caterpillar can be flapped, so different expressions will be shown! Or thread the beads through the maze
- Board 2: Turn the discs to get amazing visual effects, different patterns will be seen under different rotation speeds.
- Board 3: kids can learn about changing colours with different combinations of the three primary colours (red, yellow and blue).
- Board 4: Open the lock and different colours correspond to different materials (EVA, velcro, mirror, felt cloth, corrugated card).
- Board 5: Kids can combine different gear structures by themselves through the track, and make the gears link together.
- Approx Measures 185.5(L) x 74.3(H)cm
- Approx Weight: 13 kg
EYLF Learning Outcomes:
- Outcome 3 Manipulate equipment & manage tools with competence & skill
- Outcome 4 Try out strategies to solve problems in one situation
- Outcome 4 Persevere and experience the satisfaction of achievement
- 2 to 3 years Gets dressed with help
Links to Theorists:
- This learning experience can be linked to Gardner’s theories. He saw the arts and creativity as playing major roles in children’s learning. Children are able to explore many cognitive concepts through their play and creative explorations.
- This learning experience can be linked to Piaget’s theories. He believes the child is an active learner and that the child must be given opportunities to explore,discover and experiment. These principals underpin all cognitive development.
Learning Through Play
- Exposing children to dance, music and musical instruments allows them to enhance their skills in recognising beat, rhythm and melody.
- Children are encouraged to use their imaginations and creativity to create movements and sounds to music.
- Children are able to learn early numeracy skills such as size,shape, matching, colours, sorting and recognizing similarities and differences.
- Children feel a sense of pride and accomplishment once the puzzle has been completed