The Egg’n Shape Sorter is a set of 6 egg puzzles. Egg Shape Sorter helps develop recognition of shapes and colors while also encouraging eye-hand coordination, problem solving, and fine and gross motor skill development. The two-part elliptical Shape Sorter and Each egg has a coloured shape to match and put back together. It comes in a handy storage carton. Suitable for 18 months and older.
EYLF Learning Outcomes:
- Outcome 4 Use representation to communicate mathematical ideas
- Outcome 4 Persevere and experience the satisfaction of achievement
- 1 to 2 years Will search for hidden toys
- 1 to 2 years Selects games and puts them away
- 2 to 3 years Gets dressed with help
- 2 to 3 years Recognises similarities and differences
Links to Theorists:
- Theorist Link: This learning experience can be linked to Piaget’s theories. He believes the child is an active learner and that the child must be given opportunities to explore, discover and experiment. These principals underpin all cognitive development.
Learning Through Play
- Children are able to learn early numeracy skills such as size, shape, matching, colours, sorting and recognizing similarities and differences.
- Children feel a sense of pride and accomplishment once the puzzle has been completed.