Children can learn all about sums and counting with these Early Learning Centre Weighing Scales.
Let’s do maths! Children can set the scales on a flat service, then hook a number to one side of the scale. They can then work out what numbers they need to add up to that amount. When the scales balance, the answer is correct.
- Work out sums and all about balance with this fun set
- Add a number to one side and then work out the sum: for example if you add a 10 to the left side of the scale then add a 7 and 3 to the right hand side the scale will balance to show you have the correct answer
- Great for early numeracy skills
- Includes two sets of numbers from 1 to 6 and 1 set of numbers from 7 to 10
Counting and working out sums is great for a child’s early development.
- Scales for working out sums
- Set contains: 1x weighing scales and assortment on weighted numbers
- Open the scales to store the numbers
- Playing encourages children to learn to count
- Product dimensions: 14cm (H) x 20cm (W) x 4cm (D)
- Packaging dimensions: 25cm (H) x 26cm (W) x 4cm (D)
EYLF Learning Outcomes:
- Outcome 4 Rich and meaningful inquiry-based experiences
- Outcome 4 Explore theories with imagination, creativity and play
- 3 to 5 years Asks many questions
Links to Theorists:
- This learning experience can be linked to Vygotsky’s theories. He believes that language, literacy and numeracy skills should be ‘scaffolded’ by adults or more skilled peers. Their understandings in these areas were deepened and enriched.