This Aquatic Life Cycles layered puzzle explore nature by zooming in to reveal a fascinating view of growth and life cycles. The first layer puzzle is cut into 2 pieces, the second into 4 pieces and the third layer into 6 pieces, the fourth layer into 9 pieces
This explore the life cycles of frogs. Shows the progression of the frog so children clearly understand each step and can the look at the similarities and differences of each.
This is great for encouraging teamwork and co-operation and will help children develop their communication and social skills as they discuss what they are working on. Children of various ages will enjoy the challenge of carefully and strategically piecing the puzzle layers back together.
Puzzles are a great activity for young children to develop fine motor skills, visual and memory skills, categorising and sorting skills, whilst playing and having fun. Children can progress from these basic puzzles on to higher levelled, larger puzzles that require them to develop more advanced strategies, critical thinking techniques, and problem solving skills.
Each wooden layered puzzle measures 18 x 18 x 1.5cm thick. Available in Insect and Aquatic Life Cycle Sets.
Ages 3+ years
EYLF Learning Outcomes:
- Outcome 1 Children initiate and join in play
- Outcome 1 Educators support efforts assisting & encouraging
- Outcome 1 Explore identities & points of view in dramatic play
- Outcome 1 Children construct meaning in many different ways
- Outcome 1 Children explore all aspects of identity through role play
- Outcome 2 Children build on their own social experiences
- Outcome 4 Transfer knowledge from one setting to another
- Outcome 5 Literacy and numeracy in play
- 3 to 5 years Shares, smiles and cooperates with peers