Plenty of fun available with this educational wooden silk worm puzzle featuring the number. This puzzle will help to develop manual dexterity, hand-eye co-ordination, letter recognition as well as visual perception and fine motor skills. Chunky pieces perfect for little hands. Fun Factory is a brand committed to providing wooden educational and playtime toys that are safe, good quality, non toxic, value for money and the timber used is from renewable resources. The factories comply with Australian and European toy safety standards.
EYLF Learning Outcomes:
- Outcome 4 Use representation to communicate mathematical ideas
- Outcome 5 Measurement and number
- Outcome 5 Literacy and numeracy in play
- Outcome 5 Key literacy and numeracy concepts
- Outcome 5 Constructing meaning using symbols
- Outcome 5 Symbols and patterns in the environment
- Outcome 5 Symbols are a powerful means of communication
- Outcome 5 Children use symbols in play to represent and make meaning
- 3 to 5 years Counts five to ten things
- 3 to 5 years Understanding the relationship between numbers and objects
Links to Theorists:
- This learning experience can be linked to Vygotsky’s theories. He believes that language, literacy and numeracy skills should be ‘scaffolded’ by adults or more skilled peers. Their understandings in these areas were deepened and enriched.