A full pretend play Japanese food set for 4 people. This multicultural play food set includes the following Japanese food; chopsticks, sushi, sashimi, tofu, wasabi, a full tea set, sauces, bowls and serving trays. A menu card is even included to promote language skills and basic maths. Suitable for children from the age of 3 years.
This pretend play set of Japanese food helps children to understand the people and the world around them. Our range of global and multicultural resources help to support children’s learning about their communities, as well as the world in general. These resources aid in the promotion of understanding and acceptance of different cultures, beliefs, languages, families, appearances and lifestyles. As children gain an understanding of their community, they also gain an understanding of themselves. This develops confidence and a sense of identity. Incorporating multicultural resources into play is a great way to introduce these concepts in fun and unobtrusive ways. Play is an important part of early childhood. Play encourages children to learn, develop and grow whilst they have fun. Through play, children can develop important cognitive and physical skills. Play encourages creativity, imagination, perseverance and the development of language and social skills.
EYLF Learning Outcomes:
- Outcome 1 Educators support home and language and culture
- Outcome 1 Children construct meaning in many different ways
- Outcome 1 Build upon culturally valued child rearing & learning
- Outcome 1 Children use their home language to construct meaning
- Outcome 1 Children explore all aspects of identity through role play
- Outcome 2 Diversity of culture heritage background and tradition
- Outcome 4 Transfer knowledge from one setting to another
- 3 to 5 years Shares, smiles and cooperates with peers