EYLF Learning Outcomes:
- Outcome 4 Children transfer and adapt what they have learned from one context to another.
- Outcome 4 Children develop dispositions for learning such as curiosity cooperation confidence creativity commitment enthusiasm persistence imagination and reflexivity.
- Outcome 5 Children begin to understand how symbols and pattern systems work.
- 3 to 5 years enjoys playing with other children.
Links to Theorists:
- This learning experience can be linked to Piaget’s theories. He believes that children need to be able to see, touch, taste, smell, move and hear the things they are learning about. This is called ‘concrete learning’.
Learning Through Play
- Children can use their senses to explore natural environments.
- It is a great social experience where children can learn to communicate with others, work cooperatively and use their language skills to socialise, play and create.