These beautifully illustrated cards are a great way to help children with alphabet recognition and developing early vocabularies. Each card will have a drawing of animal and outlines of the animal’s name where kids are required to select the correct letters to put inside the outline. Sold with a child- friendly ring to put everything together when finish.
EYLF Learning Outcomes:
- Outcome 5 Approximation of words
- Outcome 5 Play with words and sounds
- Outcome 5 Key literacy and numeracy concepts
- Outcome 5 Symbols and patterns in the environment
- Outcome 5 Rhyme letters and sound when sharing texts
- 3 to 5 years Has a longer attention span
- 3 to 5 years Copies letters and may write some unprompted
Links to Theorists:
- This learning experience can be linked to Vygotsky’s theories. He believes that language, literacy and numeracy skills should be ‘scaffolded’ by adults or more skilled peers. Their understandings in these areas were deepened and enriched.
- This learning experience can be linked to Rogoff’s theories. She believes that adults have a role in guiding children’s learning and that language is important for children’s learning.