Viga Pretend Play Medical Center is a one-of-a-kind playset that’s sure to boost your child’s interest in caregiving! This is perfect for a group setting, as children will love to work and play cooperatively. Teaches children at a young age how to become sympathetic and empathetic.
Featuring a an epic set-up, this multi-functional medical facility will have kids taking on the role of nurse, doctor, administrator, and patients set is perfect for inspiring role play among children. Role play helps children to develop language and communication skills. It develops and promotes creativity and imagination. Dramatic and imaginative play also encourages children to become more confident and develop a stronger sense of identity. When children come together in role play, it aids in their social and emotional development. Listening to others, negotiation and co-operation all result from authentic dramatic play.
Viga Pretend Play Medical Center are world renowned manufacturers of quality, sustainable, wooden toys. These products have exceptional play value, and are non-toxic. Children become more confident and develop a stronger sense of identity through play. Viga help to develop cognitive and motor skills in young children. They are engaging and beautiful resources which are suitable for both the classroom and home.
- Includes various clinical tools such as stethoscope, heart monitor, medicine, syringe, thermometer, bandages, tongue depressor, tweezers, ointments, and a tray for organizing
- Offers several sections and rooms with numbered, step-by-step procedures
- Clean white paint simulates hospital and clinic environment
- Develops cooperation, logic, empathy, and reasoning through creative and imaginative play
- Helps children who may have troubles and worries when visiting their physician
- Dimensions: 90cm x 94cm x 110cm high (see the dimension image to get more specifics)
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Made from safe, sustainable materials and complies with EN71 and ASTM Standards
EYLF Learning Outcomes:
- Outcome 1 Explore identities & points of view in dramatic play
- Outcome 1 Children explore all aspects of identity through role play
- Outcome 2 Children cooperate negotiate roles & relationships in play
- Outcome 4 Mirror repeat and practice the actions of others
- 3 to 5 years Enjoys playing with other children
- 3 to 5 years Dresses and undresses with little help
- 3 to 5 years Shares, smiles, and cooperates with peers
- 3 to 5 years Dresses/undresses with minimal assistance
Links to Theorists:
- This learning experience can be linked to Steiner’s theories. He believes that children need free, creative play to develop their spirit, bodies and minds.
Learning Through Play
- Dramatic play plays a vital role in a child’s cognitive, social and emotional development.
- Dramatic play gives a child the opportunity to express their emotions, feelings, needs and wants in a fun, safe way.