Montessori and Steiner education styles are all about letting the child learn with a strong sense of independance, freedom within limits and building self confidence. Toys in this range are designed to be open to impreterpreation, free to be played with in many ways and are designed to enirch the imagination. Improves memory formation and cognitive skills. Speeds up response reflex of children. Enhances hand-eye coordination. Provides stress relief and promotes an optimistic attitude. Our picture word board set includes 10 word board and matching letters.
9 word boards have an image printed encouraging your child to spell the word, one of our word boards comes blank with 3 spaces to add your own image and allow children to create their own words.
Contents: 10 word board, 9 word boards have an image printed, 3 letter word boards, 40 x letter wood.
EYLF Learning Outcomes:
- Outcome 5 Approximation of words
- Outcome 5 Play with words and sounds
- Outcome 5 Key literacy and numeracy concepts
- Outcome 5 Symbols and patterns in the environment
- Outcome 5 Rhyme letters and sound when sharing texts
- 3 to 5 years Has a longer attention span
Links to Theorists:
- This learning experience can be linked to Vygotsky’s theories. He believes that language, literacy and numeracy skills should be ‘scaffolded’ by adults or more skilled peers. Their understandings in these areas were deepened and enriched.
- This learning experience can be linked to Rogoff’s theories. She believes that adults have a role in guiding children’s learning and that language is important for children’s learning.