Children love this colourful wooden puzzle featuring a map of Australia. Each state is a puzzle piece – each a different colour with the capital city marked. When removed, each piece reveals an image of a different Australian native animal. A native flower is also pictured beside each state. The state borders are also painted on the puzzle base as a guide. The large raised puzzle pieces are easy for little hands to grip, encouraging fine motor skills. This puzzle is a great way to teach young children about Australian geography.
EYLF Learning Outcomes:
- Outcome 2 Children broaden their understanding of the world
- Outcome 4 Strong sense of who they are shared identity as Australians
- Outcome 5 Independent communicators home language conversations
- 2 to 3 years Simple make believe play
- 2 to 3 years Engages in making believe and pretend play