Let those little fingers moving with the Fun Factory wooden nuts and bolts. And when they have finished the children can help you to put them all into the jar provided. While the children are twisting the bolts and/or nuts, they are developing those important muscles in their fingers, hands and wrists. You can extend the learning with this jar of nuts and bolts by talking about colours, shapes counting and the creation of geometrical shapes. With some imagination and a few creative twists and turns, kids can make hundreds more amazing structures too! Any time kids play with this durable set, they’ll be building fine motor skills, problem-solving skills, and hand-eye coordination. Included extension activities guide parents to educational activities that also build early math skills.
In the plastic container , you will find 6 red square nuts and 6 red square bolts, 6 yellow cylindrical nuts and 6 yellow cyndrical bolts, 6 blue hexagonal nuts and 6 blue hexagonal bolts and 6 green triangular bolts and nuts. The nuts and bolts can be screwed through 4 short pieces of wood and 2 longer pieces of wood. The shorter pieces are 7.4 cm x 2.9 cm x 0.7 cm. They have 2 holes in them with a diameter of 1.5cm. The longer pieces are 15 cm x 2.9 cm x 0.7 have 4 holes in them with a diameter of 1.5cm.
The plastic container has a diameter of 15cm and a height of 19 cm. Its red lid can be used as a handle so the container is easy to carry.
The nuts and bolts have been tested as safe for children over 3 years.
EYLF Learning Outcomes:
- Outcome 1 Children construct meaning in many different ways
- Outcome 4 Mirror repeat and practice the actions of others
- Outcome 4 Investigate take apart assemble invent and construct
- 3 to 5 years Follows simple rules and enjoys helping
Links to Theorists:
- This learning experience can be linked to Steiner’s theories. He believes that children need free, creative play to develop their spirit, bodies and minds.