This wooden play food features the five food groups. Includes food such as watermelon, milk, bread, chicken and tomato (20 pieces in total). Each piece is made from solid wood, and includes 4 wooden crates for sorting and storage. An excellent resource for role play, categorising, counting and learning about healthy nutrition and the food groups. The wooden crates each measure 11 x 16 x 5.5h cm.
Suitable for children from 3 years+
Role play helps children to develop language and communication skills. It develops and promotes creativity and imagination. Dramatic and imaginative play also encourages children to become more confident and develop a stronger sense of identity. When children come together in role play, it aids in their social and emotional development. Listening to others, negotiation and co-operation all result from authentic dramatic play. This resource is excellent for promoting social and imaginative play. Role play and dramatic play encourages language development, teaches daily routines and skills plus develops social interactions, sharing and a sense of belonging and identity. Play is an important part of early childhood. Play encourages children to learn, develop and grow whilst they have fun.
EYLF Learning Outcomes:
- Outcome 1 Children use their home language to construct meaning
- Outcome 2 Children build on their own social experiences
- Outcome 3 Awareness of healthy lifestyles and good nutrition
- Outcome 4 Transfer knowledge from one setting to another
- 2 to 3 years Engages in making believe and pretend play
- 3 to 5 years Engages in dramatic play, taking on pretend character roles