Learn in a fun way! This Viga Toys Block Puzzle Numbers & Shapes makes mathematics teaching and learning, easy and fun! Children can learn numbers, patterns, shapes and colours while playing with these block puzzles. Each of the blocks can be removed from the base, and children can easily memorise them with the help of relevant images. A great teaching aid for maths, such as counting and more. It’s an easy and fun way to learn! A colourful picture under each piece shows an image beginning with the same letter, helping to develop letter recognition and pre-reading skills! Doing puzzles is a great activity for young children to develop fine motor skills, visual and memory skills, categorising and sorting skills, whilst playing and having fun. Children can progress from these basic puzzles to higher leveled, larger puzzles that require them to develop more advanced strategies, critical thinking techniques, and problem solving skills. Suitable for children from the age of 3 years.
EYLF Learning Outcomes:
- Outcome 4 Persevere and experience the satisfaction of achievement
- Outcome 4 Make connections between experiences, concepts & processes
- Outcome 5 Measurement and number
- Outcome 5 Key literacy and numeracy concepts
- Outcome 5 Children use symbols in play to represent and make meaning
- 3 to 5 years Has a longer attention span
- 3 to 5 years Understanding the relationship between numbers and objects
Links to Theorists:
- This learning experience can be linked to Vygotsky’s theories. He believes that language, literacy and numeracy skills should be ‘scaffolded’ by adults or more skilled peers. Their understandings in these areas were deepened and enriched.